How to say goodbye:
1. Wave your hands and pretend it doesn’t hurt. Then hope the waving will make the pain go away.
2. Say goodbye as if it’s a promise worth keeping and pretend it doesn’t hurt at all. Then hope you can say it enough to make yourself believe.
3. Turn around and pretend you don’t care–that you never did at all. Then hope your steps will take you far enough that the pain won’t matter anymore.
4. Do everything I said and pretend it’s all good enough. Then hope you can do it all fast enough, before you change your mind.
5. You can’t. Not yet. So don’t.