“What is family? They were the people who claimed you. In good, in bad, in parts or in whole, they were the ones who showed up, who stayed in there, regardless. It wasn’t just about blood relations or shared chromosomes, but something wider, bigger. We had many families over time. Our family of origin, the family we created, and the groups you moved through while all of this was happening: friends, lovers, sometimes even strangers. None of them perfect, and we couldn’t expect them to be. You can’t make any one person your world. The trick was to take what each could give you and build your world from it.”
Saturday, March 8, 2014
1. Sleep naked. If it’s warm outside, open the windows and draw the curtains. You’ll wake up with beams of sunrise on your skin, under cool sheets.
2. Play soccer barefoot. You will feel more free and happy while you savor the moment. Everyone is more arrogant in shoes.
3. Dance to your favorite music.
4. Wear a flower in your hair—or a flower tiara.
5. Do naked yoga or meditation.
6. Dance in the rain without fear of getting your feet, hair, clothes or anything else wet.
7. Make yourself a really healthy but yummy dessert, like plain yogurt with fruit, honey and almonds.