The only good luck many great men ever had was being born with the ability and determination to overcome bad luck.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
How is it that sometimes the simple things are so sexy…
A confident person who is passionate about what and how they do things is sexy. Sexy has nothing to do with what you’re wearing, how you look physically, or sex in general.
So yes, sexy is cutting the peel off an apple for the woman he loves, making tea, warming up the car for you, or even taking out the garbage. And sexy is her doing things that are meaningful to him as well.
1. Remind yourself that you are NOT your feelings.
2. Don’t sweat the small stuff; choose to focus on what matters. Ignore or overlook the petty things, and grievances.
3. Feel the power as you learn to take control of your reactions. You’re not just a puppet, where someone pulls your strings.
4. Don’t agree with other peoples’ opinions of your value, or the way they rate your actions, your motives or achievements. Don’t let them be your judge, or the one who sets your worth.
5. Don’t compare yourself to others as we’re all different and unique. Set yourself some goals to go for, and celebrate when you succeed.
6. Accept that life’s a journey, and we grow and change with time. We don’t start off being perfect – so expect to get things wrong.
7. Love yourself completely and unconditionally. You’re a worthwhile individual – and you’ll get there in the end.
For me one of those [really emotional] moments was the scene with the jabberjays when Katniss is trapped behind the barrier with Finnick and the jabberjays are going crazy.
For me one of those [really emotional] moments was the scene with the jabberjays when Katniss is trapped behind the barrier with Finnick and the jabberjays are going crazy. And for me as an actor I wasn’t expecting that to be an emotionally charged scene. When we filmed it, it was kinda weird. I felt helpless, and I was like “oh my god”, Jennifer is crying and screaming on the other side and there was nothing I could do. - Josh Hutcherson