The picture below is not for sensitive people.
Monday, January 20, 2014
“Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
I adore people who are unafraid of being who they are. Today I spent the afternoon walking through the weekend market. In normal circumstances I’m rather a shy creature. I rarely venture out of my little house on the hill, let alone go to places where people abound. So my friend and I walk through the market, watching musicians sing and vendors sell. We watch people teach their children how to walk, and we watch as dogs faithfully follow their families. Lying in the sun, we talk about our futures and let those thoughts evaporate. There are beautiful people who surround us, people whose grace needs no announcement. We buy slices of pizza from a girl with rosy cheeks who thanks us with a smile. Our day slips in and out of rainclouds and we revel in the small joys of being children. Soon, we won’t be teenagers any longer. We’ll be making decisions about relationships and rental properties. We’ll be swimming very out of our depth, sooner than I’d like to think about. But today we made a tiger from modeling clay, we played musical instruments made from pvc pipes and we rained sunflower seeds into the welcoming earth. Today we were just as we were. We woke up and we were brave, just to do what we wanted to do. And I loved it.
With all the Victoria’s Secret pics circling around I just wanted to give a friendly reminder to not hate yourself for not looking like these women. These women are admittedly beautiful but they are not the only type of beautiful there is. Every body type should be represented in this fashion show but until society wakes up and that happens.. Put on your sexiest underwear and stand in front of the mirror and shake that gorgeous body of yours and give yourself your own goddam wings. Every body is beautiful so give yourself a hug and scroll past the images of these women that make you feel insecure because your body is amazing. Do not let them ruin your confidence you are incredible.
1. First, quieten your rational mind as it has a tendency to hush, distort or quash the intuition of your heart.
2. Practice mindfulness. This is grounding yourself in the present moment, and being aware of all the sights, sounds and sensations that are happening in the here-and-now.
3. Go with the flow. Don’t try to force your heart to speak to you. Instead, simply “be” and allow your heart to speak in its own time, and in its own way.
4. Get into the habit of paying attention to every nudge and whisper from your intuition. We are taught to silence those inner tugs and pulls – so begin to notice, and to listen to, them.
5. Trust and act upon your intuition. It’s important to treat those inner messages as valid, and then follow your instincts – and notice where they lead you.
You’ll find that life is more rewarding if you listen to your heart – as well as listening to your rational mind.
Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry