Her collection of Quotes, Poems, Sayings from all corners of the world. Read, Enjoy, Share! :)

Monday, January 20, 2014

I adore people who are unafraid of being who they are.

I adore people who are unafraid of being who they are. Today I spent the afternoon walking through the weekend market. In normal circumstances I’m rather a shy creature. I rarely venture out of my little house on the hill, let alone go to places where people abound. So my friend and I walk through the market, watching musicians sing and vendors sell. We watch people teach their children how to walk, and we watch as dogs faithfully follow their families. Lying in the sun, we talk about our futures and let those thoughts evaporate. There are beautiful people who surround us, people whose grace needs no announcement. We buy slices of pizza from a girl with rosy cheeks who thanks us with a smile. Our day slips in and out of rainclouds and we revel in the small joys of being children. Soon, we won’t be teenagers any longer. We’ll be making decisions about relationships and rental properties. We’ll be swimming very out of our depth, sooner than I’d like to think about. But today we made a tiger from modeling clay, we played musical instruments made from pvc pipes and we rained sunflower seeds into the welcoming earth. Today we were just as we were. We woke up and we were brave, just to do what we wanted to do. And I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment