Sunday, April 15, 2012
What are the signs that could indicate that it’s time to move on from a relationship?1. When you live more in past memories than the present time: Do you feel as if you have to replay old memories as there’s nothing in the present – and it all feels kind of empty? Relationships exist in this moment in time, and if you feel you’ve lost that fire then your feelings might have changed.
2. When the relationship brings heartache instead of peace and joy: Sometimes we are blinded by the good or intense moments – as they act as a distraction from unhappy memories. But if the truth is your partner often hurts or disappoints you – then don’t be deceived – things are not as they should be!
3. When your partner’s always pushing you to change: The most genuine form of love is love that’s unconditional. If your partner has an issue with some aspect of your life – your weight, your personality or how you like to dress – then you’re not really free to be the person that you are. Also, requests can sometimes mount and then become more like control.
4. When you hang in there, hoping he or she will change: The point above applies to you as well as them. If you’re constantly hoping that your partner will change then you’ll always be working on something else to change … And in the end, they’ll be a shadow of you – and not themselves.
5. When you keep justifying their behaviour to yourself: If there’s something about them that really bothers you, and you get into the habit of explaining it away, then that points to a conflict over how things really are. It is better to admit it – and maybe walk away.
6. When the relationship is abusive: An abusive relationship is never OK. You deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. End of story!
7. When he or she puts little effort into the relationship: It takes two to have a meaningful, and great, relationship. If you’re putting in more effort then they might not be committed – and it’s likely the imbalance will increase over time.
8. When your fundamental values and beliefs are different: Shared values are the rock on which relationships are built. If your values are different there will always be a tension … and when the storms of life hit then your relationship will shatter.
9. When the relationship stops you from growing as a person: A real relationship is one that enables you to grow, so you become the unique person you were truly meant to be. However, if you feel you’re being smothered, or you’re dying inside, then it could be this relationship is cramping your style.
10. When neither of you feel the same way any more: People change; life happens; and feelings dissipate. Be glad for what you had – then face the truth – and separate.
When you want to say something and then you realize that the person you're talking with shouldn't know about it.
“AND - oh, nevermind”
On April 14th, 1912, the RMS Titanic struck an iceburg miles off the southern coast of Newfoundland at 11:40 p.m. At 2:20 a.m., on April 15th, 1912, Titanic sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, bringing over a thousand of its passengers with her and leaving hundreds of others to die of hypothermia in the freezing North Atlantic. 100 years has passed since then and the story of the lives lost that day still live on in films, books, documentaries and television series. This is to remember the 1,154 people who perished all those years ago, may they forever rest in peace, and the 710 survivors who have since passed through the gates of heaven, but have left behind their descendants with the story of their survival still living on.