Her collection of Quotes, Poems, Sayings from all corners of the world. Read, Enjoy, Share! :)

Sunday, December 23, 2012

My best friend texted me,

My best friend texted me, he asked if I looked nice right now. I told him no, and he said to get ready so I look good, not to him, but to myself. Only text him back If I felt happy with how I looked. 

This confused me but I didn't ask questions. I just got ready, and finally after an hour or two, I told him I felt happy with how I looked, sort of. The door rang about 10 minutes later, and my friends told me to come with them to the park. This confused me but I didn't ask questions, I was bored anyways. 

We walked to the park, it wasn't that far, and they said to sit on the swing set. I didn't really like the swings at this park because it was the very place my first love broke up with me and shattered my heart. Just sitting on the swing hurt a bit, I went into silence at the memories. 

Suddenly, I was blindfolded. When my friends took it off, there he was. The boy who told me to get ready, I liked this boy, he was my best friend. 

He handed me a rose and got down on his knee. "I know this is one of your least favourite places. I also know you stopped believing in love after 2 shots to the chest. And you don't like change. But this is good change, I think. I want to change this swing-set from the place where you closed your door to love to the place where it just began. I've sat by and watched you get hurt long enough. You're beautiful, smart, talented, sweet, funny. And impatient. So, I won't drag this out. I love you, and I'd like to be your boyfriend...Will you go out with me?

This boy was my 3rd love, he made me feel special. It's been 5 long years, and just today, he said those exact words. 
To propose.

No comments:

Post a Comment