Her collection of Quotes, Poems, Sayings from all corners of the world. Read, Enjoy, Share! :)

Friday, April 6, 2012

an email.

There is a major difference between trying to prove your love and simply sharing your love.

I can't tell you how many times I have in the past tried to prove my love. I've tried to show women and other people how worthy I am, how loving I am, how rad I am.


I realized that I kept doing this because I had yet to truly realize how worthy, loving and rad I was. If I had really known this, I wouldn't have been trying to prove it to other people.


A lot of my mentoring clients suffer from trying to prove themselves to unavailable people. A lot of folks who are writing in toWhatImGoingThru@TheDailyLove.com suffer from this, too.


Here's an exercise:

  • Make a list of all the things you wish other people would see about you. Make a list. You wish what? They would see how rad, awesome, loving, supporting, caring, faithful, etc you are? Make the list...

Now, ask yourself if you are demonstrating these qualities towards yourself? The answer is probably no for some or all of the qualities you listed.


So, how would you act if you were actually demonstrating these qualities? That version of you is who will attract people who see you. When you see you, other people will too.


Then, you can SHARE your gifts, your love and your worth with them and receive their worth, gifts and love. This is massively different than trying to prove yourself to someone else.


When we try to prove ourselves to others, it is because we do not see our great qualities and are not giving these qualities to ourselves. Once we do, we step into a new paradigm and walk away from trying to prove ourselves and step into just being ourselves.


Then love, authenticity and all the raddness can emerge.


Love,
Mastin

No comments:

Post a Comment