Her collection of Quotes, Poems, Sayings from all corners of the world. Read, Enjoy, Share! :)

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Merlin

      

      

      
ARTHUR: Merlin?
MERLIN: I’m sorry.
ARTHUR: Let him go. I’ll take your test, but not till he’s released.
ANHORA: That is not possible. Merlin is part of the test. Please sit. If you refuse the test, you will have failed and Camelot will be destroyed.
ARTHUR: I thought I told you to stay at home. Let’s get on with it.
ANHORA: There are two goblets before you. One of the goblets contains a deadly poison, the other goblet, a harmless liquid. All the liquid from both goblets must be drunk, but each of you may only drink from a single goblet.
ARTHUR: What kind of ridiculous test is that? What does that prove?
ANHORA: What it proves is for you to decide. If you pass the test, the curse will be lifted.
MERLIN: Let’s think about this. What if I drink from my goblet first?
ARTHUR: If it’s poisoned, you’ll die.
MERLIN: And if it’s not, then you’ll have to drink from yours, and you’ll die. There must be a way around it.
ARTHUR: It is perfectly simple. One of us has to die. We have to find a way to determine which goblet has the poison. And then I’ll drink it.
MERLIN: I will be the one to drink it.
ARTHUR: This is my doing. I’m drinking it.
MERLIN: It is more important that you live. You’re the future king. I’m just a servant.
ARTHUR: This is no time to be a hero, Merlin. It really doesn’t suit you.
MERLIN: (sigh) What if I drink from mine first, and if that’s not poisoned, I will then drink yours?
ARTHUR: He said each of us is only allowed to drink from a single goblet. I had no idea you were so keen to die for me.
MERLIN: Trust me, I can hardly believe it myself.
ARTHUR: (snort) I’m glad you are here, Merlin. (sigh)
MERLIN: I’ve got it. Right, we pour all the liquid into one goblet and then we can be sure it is poisoned. Then all the liquid can be drunk, and it will be from a single goblet.
ARTHUR: You never cease to surprise me. You’re a lot smarter than you look.
MERLIN: Is that actually a compliment?
ARTHUR: Look out!
MERLIN: No! I will drink it!
ARTHUR: As if I’d let you.
MERLIN: You can’t die. This isn’t your destiny.
ARTHUR: It seems you’re wrong again.
MERLIN: Listen to me!
ARTHUR: You know me, Merlin. I never listen to you.
MERLIN: Arthur!
MERLIN: No! What have you done?
MERLIN: Arthur! No!
MERLIN: Arthur. Arthur. Come on! Arthur, come on. Come on. Come on! No… Come on.
MERLIN: Please. Please! Just… let me take his place!
ANHORA: This was Arthur’s test, not yours.
MERLIN: You’ve killed him! I was meant to protect him!
ANHORA: He is not dead. He’s merely consumed a sleeping draught. He will come round shortly.
MERLIN: What?
ANHORA: A unicorn is pure of heart. If you kill one, you must make amends by proving that you also are pure of heart. Arthur was willing to sacrifice his life to save yours. He has proven what is truly in his heart. The curse will be lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment