Her collection of Quotes, Poems, Sayings from all corners of the world. Read, Enjoy, Share! :)

Sunday, May 1, 2011

how many people were involved in the making of my shirt

I began to think about how many people were involved in the making of my shirt. I started by imagining the farmer who grew the cotton. Next, the hundreds or even thousands of people involved in the manufacturing of the tractor. And all the designers of the tractor. Then, of course the people who processed the cotton, the people who wove the cloth, and the people who cut, dyed and sewed that cloth. The cargo workers and the truck drivers who delivered the shirt to the store and the sales person who sold the shirt to me. It occurred to me that virtually every aspect of my life came about as the results of others' efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment