Her collection of Quotes, Poems, Sayings from all corners of the world. Read, Enjoy, Share! :)

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Love is like the flu

December is a sweet and romantic month. If you have an investigative mind, you will notice that you have many Libra friends around. The reason why there are so many people born in October is obvious. On the other hand, December is also the peak time for flu due to changes in weather and wind blow. When a cold air current arrives, many people would get sick.


It is said that prevention is always better than cure. Fortunately there are vaccines for flu that help reduce the chance of getting sick. Talking about flu, a line of a song lyric suddenly came up my mind: 'Love is like having flu'. As a doctor, I meet a lot of patients every day with colds or flu, but I really can't tell how true this line is.


Let's make a comparison.


A patient came to my clinic, and said, "Doctor, I think I have got flu."
"Hmm, then how do you feel?"
"I have a fever, feeling hot one minute and cold the next. My ears would sometimes turn red suddenly, and my throat gets very dry."
Hmm, this sounds like falling in love.
"And what else?"
"Phlegm comes up and then I cough a little. Sometimes my nose is blocked and my eyes water."
"Also I feel a bit dizzy, and my heart floats in mid-air. Sometimes I feel that I am stepping on soft rather than hard ground."
"Also sometimes I feel sore and limp. I also have muscle pain and feel very tired. I am simply listless."
It seems that the symptoms are very similar…
"Then do you feel happy?" This witty question suddenly came to my mind, and I asked it with a cunning smile.
"Doctor, are you crazy?" she retorted with eyes wide. "How can I be happy when I am sick?"


Falling in love really feels like having flu, but it makes you feel blissful more often. In this festive and joyful season, I wish that everybody can share the warmth of love with his or her lover, family and friends, and rejoice with the whole world.


By Dr. Sing Sit, 25/12/2007
*Translation from Chinese article.
source: http://www.youth.gov.hk/en/hotpicks/love_cold.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment